Just a quick note to say I’ll be at Fanfest this year. So if you want to talk about EveHQ, have an idea for a new feature, want to give feedback (both positive and negative) or just want to say “Hello”, please feel free to. I’ll be wandering about but, the easiest way to find me to either check the twitter feed (@EveHQToolkit…I will actually use twitter), or message me on twitter, or snag one of the Gentlemen’s Agreement (GENTS) members and ask them to point me out (they’ll have black shirts with the white Gent’s logo on it).
I look forward to meeting anyone there!
The v2.12 update for EveHQ has more to it than the standard bug fixes, so I want to get a few “beta” versions out there to gather feedback (and bug reports) early on, while leaving the existing 2.11.7 version as the preferred stable installation.
So, if running the cutting edge builds of EveHQ which might have some (more) rough edges sound like your thing, the v2.12 beta build can be downloaded from http://evehq.net/beta/evehq-beta-setup.exe. There is also a “debug” build available from http://evehq.net/beta/evehq-beta-debug-setup.exe, which contains full symbols and tracing data. The debug build is handy for me if you run into a problem since the error message data will have more information in it, however the assemblies by nature will be less optimized than the release build and therefore potentially slower.
So take your pick, as running either and posting feedback on the forums or issue tracker will be super helpful.
Summary of Changes:
- The Market data system has undergone a massive overhaul. XML digest files are no longer downloaded from battleclinic, but instead utilize EVE-Central’s market data services for retrieving “near” up to date data as needed.
- The price data download/update screen has been replaced with a market order screen, allowing for the ad hoc querying of an item’s market orders (scoped to the system or regions specified in market settings).
- Price groups have been removed (as they don’t fit with the new way data is retrieved).
- Price & Market options have been moved to the primary Eve Settings screen.
- Market log export watcher and uploader have been retired, and replaced with an Eve cache parser. This processor will monitor your Eve cache and parse new market data in real time, uploading it to EVE-Central and EMDR (Eve Market Data Relay). Note: The real time parser and uploader are disabled by default currently, but can be turned on in the Market Data Settings screen.
- New Installer software! Note: It should uninstall the old MSI just fine if you have 2.11.X installed, however the reverse is not true. So if you decide later to go back to 2.11.7, you need to make sure to manually uninstall 2.12
- Various bug fixes discovered since 2.11.7
Update #1: An upgrade bug due to item data caches not being rebuilt has been fixed, as well as a bug in the installer that wasn’t detecting previous 2.11.7 installs correctly. If you have these issues, please just re-install using the links in this post.
Update #2: The market ticker start up bug has been fixed. Note: The market ticker will for now just be displaying mineral data, as the previous version queried random item prices and that wouldn’t be a good practice to continue against remote data providers like eve-central. The ability to customize what items are shown in the ticker will be added soon.
- A serious localization bug has been fixed that would cause some installations running on a non-English configured system to display very inflated pricing. If your natural number format used ‘.’ for thousand separators and ‘,’ for decimals, this would affect you.
- Market caching is know done in a Raven Document DB, instead of scattered files on disk.
- The market data system is now aware of the proxy server configuration, and prior to this might have been the cause of various lockups and unresponsive behaviour.
- Market Price data is loaded asynchronously for HQF and most of the Prism Plugin now… display UI for the ship fitter and asset list may display initially without price data and then it will show up once the data is retrieved. This should help prevent freezing on machines that have a higher latency to the market data provider.
The old bug tracking software (The Bug Genie) has been retired. While it was ok initially, the software became extremely frustrating to work with due to performance issues and bugs. Atlassian, the company that owns Bitbucket, as generously provided a free unlimited user license for their tracking software called JIRA. I’ve set up the new software and migrated current open issues into it, however your user accounts will need to be recreated.
I’ll get this posted now, as the Eve Online patch is done in the early hours of the morning.
EveHQ should have a patch release tomorrow with the Retribution 1.1 data update as well as some bug fixes. Testing and checks are being done now on the code base, so after I get home from work tomorrow evening I should be able to publish the update.
The market system overhaul and bigger items still need some more testing and optimizations, so they will not be in tomorrow’s patch release.
Update: I ran into a data related bug just as I was about to publish the update. I’ve got it fixed, but I am going to hold the update until tomorrow (Feb 20th), because it is getting late here and I want to double check a few more items beforehand.
CCP released a new data export package for EVE. I’ve been working and testing with the data to see if there are any issues caused by it. There are some notable differences in some of the data tables, and I’m trying to get some clarification about the changes from CCP… so far these changes haven’t caused an in issue in how “I” use EveHQ, but that’s not saying there isn’t an issue to be found. I will be testing and working with this data for a few days to gain some confidence in the data set before updating EveHQ to use it.
I hadn’t noticed until today (I’ve been very busy with family and work), but it appears the pledgie campaign is over its initial goal. This is amazing… I can’t thank you all enough for supporting EveHQ through this transition.
The funds donated go to cover expenses I normally pay out of pocket, such as hosting costs and 3rd party software licenses. I’ve also started supplying the major contributor developers with a PLEX each month to do with as they please for their contributions and time.
This is an amazing surprise to close out 2012 for me. I wish you all the best for the new year!
Frankly, the software that the forums run on stinks. It doesn’t work well with many browsers,the settings are quite draconian and it’s not OSS. I am in the process of setting up a totally new forum platform now and will switch the site to use that soon. I will not however be migrating the data or accounts… the current platform doesn’t support this very well, so I will be locking the old forums once the switch is made and leaving them available in read-only mode for historical reference.
There have been a few notices I’ve gotten about some people getting errors about cache data from HQF and Prism modules after they upgrade to the Retribution data set.
The errors in question should look like these :
The cause is that some names and relationships have changed, as well as there being some irregularities in the CCP data (there are some market groups data errors in their published data).
If you get these errors when you load EveHQ after you’ve upgraded, the work around is simple.
- On the Core tab of EveHQ there 3 buttons for cache management, click the Rebuild Cache button.
- Once that rebuild is complete, exit EveHQ.
- Restart EveHQ and the HQF and Prism plugins should re-initialize properly.
Hopefully that corrects your installation back to expected working order.
So v2.11.4 has been published to fix a serious crash bug on install some people were getting with v2.11.3 (I really apologize for that one). Also fixed was some of the HQF ship bonus settings that were set to similarly named, but wrong attributes. Please keep listing any fitting errors related to the new bonuses on the issue tracker and we will address them.
On top of all this, the CCP data that was exported for Retribution has some serious bugs relating to market groups of items (eve-o forums). This will manifest itself in the HQF plug in as market groups in the navigation tree that are missing sub-branches or items, or no results when you right click on a fitted module and select “Show Market Group” from the menu (there are reports of errors on this action too). I’ve tried to fix some of the data holes, but there are quite a few and I am hoping CCP issues another data export file soon instead. A data base update will be published as soon as CCP issues a new file.
Searching for modules by name still work, so you can get around the lack of market groups by using the text input.
This release gets the database and ship information updated for Eve Online: Retribution. If you’ve been waiting to work on those Mining frigate fits or modelling a new destroyer, your wait is over!
November had been a busy month for myself with family, so I’d like to thank Arkan for contributing a lot of extra fixes into this patch!
EveHQ Download Page
Note: With the database changes, some items and skills may have had their names changed. Some users may get an error notice from the HQF or Prism plugins on the initial load after the upgrade. Click the “Rebuild Cache” button on the main command bar, and then restart EveHQ. The problem should go away after that.
Fixes & Improvements:
Prism: use cumulative probability in Quick Invention Calc
Prism: fixed bug with new invention chance calculation
HQF: fixed erroneous removal of drones/cargo when loading T3 fits
HQF: improved drone/cargo/ship bay plausibility checks when loading fits
HQF: Fix for issue #99: HQF using different CPU and PG calculations than Eve
HQF: Fixed unrelated bug regarding numerical stability in percentage calculations
HQF: Fix for #72: Stasis drone rig bonus not working
HQF: Fix for issue #83 : Out of range exception encountered when main pilot collection is emptied after initial load.
HQF: Fix for issue #40: Added validation check in HQFPilot.vb to ensure skill data for HQF matches the valid skills known to EVE.
HQF: Improved formatting of active ship tooltip
HQF: Mitigation for Issue #104 – Validates that a fitting still exists when it is exported.
Core: Mitigation for Issue #107 – Checks that the skill is not already in the collection before adding it again.
Core: Fixed saved training bar size not loading if EveHQ is started minimized
Core: Fix for issue #85: added display safe default value when the time element of a market log is corrupt/invalid.
Core: Fixed Twitter account access. The old account was never transferred and then was taken over by a spammer.