One of the upcoming features in version 2 of EveHQ is that of Requisitions. This is the term used to replace all variety of others such as “wanted list”, “shopping list” and so on. In terms of functionality, this replaces the old “Wanted List” that is present in the Item Browser in version 1.x.
Whereas the old version is a simple list of items together with a price, it was rather limited. The New and Improved™ version will offer a lot more flexibility in what in can provide. Items can now be categorised in various ways, as well as containing multiple items of the same type.
The basic element in all of this is the Requisition. This is what we would normally refer to as a single shopping list. Each Requisition has a unique name to distinguish it from others and included in the additional data, gives details of the Requestor (a pilot who needs the Requisition) and a Source (the feature of EveHQ that generated it). Each Requisition will contain a number of orders, each of which consists of an item type and the quantity.
From this, you can probably see that the entire feature will contain multiple shopping lists that can be allocated to different pilots and that different areas of EveHQ can create those shopping lists. These can be searched and filtered according to these criteria so you can display all Requisitions for a particular pilot which contain Tritanium for example.
Here’s a sample image from the latest build.
I’ve divided the form into 5 separate areas as follows:
- Filter Panel. Allows you to filter and search all requisitions.
- Requisitions listing. Shows all requisitions or only those requisitions which match the search and/or filter parameters entered in the Filter Panel.
- Requisition Summary. This provides a brief summary of the current selected requisition.
- Asset Assignment. Selects a pilot with who you want to compare the requisition quantities with the actual assets held.
- Requisition Details. Lists out the details of the selected requisition and provides a comparison of the required quantities with those held in the selected pilot’s assets. Also note that the locations of the assets are displayed underneath the selected item so you know where to start looking for any existing items!
I’ve tried to make the adding of Requisitions from various sections of EveHQ as easy as possible. In most cases, this should involve just a couple of mouse-clicks and some text for naming them. As an example, adding a fitting to Requisitions from HQF involves clicking a toolbar option, which results in the screen as shown in the following image. Enter a name, click Accept and the requisition will appear in the main screen.
As it stands in the current development build, Requisitions can be created in the following areas:
- In the main application, which allows detailed creation and editing of all Requisitions
- In the Item Browser, which allows a single item to be added to a new or existing Requisition
- In HQF, which allows an entire ship and fittings to be added to a new or existing Requisition
There are other areas where this is also appropriate:
- In Prism, for shopping lists of components for manufacturing or research
- In POS Manager, for fuel for all your POS requirements
- In skill training, having all your needed skills from a queue added to a single Requisition
I am also incorporating part of the Requisitions functionality into the IGB Server in EveHQ. With this, it’s hoped that it will at least allow Requisitions to be viewed and searched via the IGB. I may include some simple editing such as deleting a Requisition or creating a new one but we’ll see what can be done in the IGB.
This feature is almost complete and is available for testing now if you have access to the SVN.